Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blog Post 2 Time Management, by Randy Paush

In Watching the Randy Paush video, I learned that I needed to watch his video, and that I need to work on my time management plan. I really liked his question about : why am I doing this, and what happens if I don't do it?
I agree with his statement that experience comes from time and it takes time to get experience. I also like his idea of do the ugliest things first, I was once told by my boss, that people do what they like are what they know how to do, but when it comes to something they are uncertain about, they will either put it off, or not do it at all. To me EDM 310 is the ugliest class out of the four years I have been in college. Not that the class is bad, it actually is a great class, but I feel very uncertain in this class. So, my goal is to feel good about EDM 310 and to know it, like my own name.

2 comments:

  1. Pamela, I completely agree with you. EDM310 is my "ugly" class as well. It is overwhelming and I do not feel comfortable with it, but I try to learn more about it each day. Hopefully in a few weeks we will be comfortable with this class and know it as well as our own names. I hope all goes well for you in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, this is a very difficult class. I have been visiting Dr. Strange's students' blogs for a couple years now and I am consistently amazed by the hard work and dedication I see the students commit to.

    If I could give you some advice, it would be to keep in mind that the goal of learning how to use these tech tools is for student learning. While you are the student now, the ultimate goal is for you to be able to pick and choose which tools you want to use with your students when you are in the classroom. Always think about how you can use these tools to help your students learn.

    ReplyDelete