Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Post 7 Randy Pausch's Last Lecture


In watching the video of Randy Pausch's Last Lecture,I could not believe his attitude for a dying man. A lot of Mr. Pausch's quotes and sayings were very interesting. They made you really stop and think. The one "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted" and "Most of what we learn, we learn indirectly (or by "head fake"). Experience to me is a learning process, and if you want to learn something then experience is the best teacher.

I definitely agree with him about being an imaginer. The Brick Walls are there for a reason. They let us prove how badly we want something. I have always been told never give up on your dreams, and after listening to this lecture I can see why I was told this. This man never gave up on anything.

In he saying "Never lose your child-like wonder" really sticks out to me. PPeople forget as they get older about having fun, being helpful to others and keeping a positive attitude. My daughter tells me all the time mom you are not 20 years old anymore. I know I am not 20 years old now, but I will always keep doing the things that I loved to do at 20. I hope I never lose my child-like wonder.

Enabling the Childhood Dreams of others was a very powerful message in Mr. Pausch's lecture When you look at a child and their enthusiasm, you know the meaning of joy. My son is sixteen and has a friend who is also sixteen, when I think back over all the years that I have enjoyed playing football, going swimming, taking them to the movies, playing games, and so much more with them, I know exactly what Mr. Pausck is talking about.

The closing of this lecture told it all when he said, "This lecture was not for you (the audience) or myself, but for my kids". How important it is for kids to understand that they will run into Brick Walls, but never give up on their success.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pamela,

    Mr. Pausch was a great man and I am glad that you can relate to what he is saying. Watch out for grammatical errors in your post.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pamela,
    I think it's awesome that you can relate a lot of what Dr. (not Mr.) Pausch is saying to events with your children. I like to relate videos or posts we read to what is happening with my son also. It seems as though you took a great deal away from what Dr. Pausch was trying to convey and that is wonderful! Be sure to proofread your work before posting. I know it seems like a lot to reread but it's worth the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete