Sunday, October 7, 2012

Project #7 C4K

Kelsey's Blog Post

http://www.google.com

I was assigned to Kelsey this week, who is a nineth grade student. Kelsey talked about his Quality of Life at Peace Wapiti Academy. The things he likes about the school is safety, healthy environment, security, comfort, happiness, and he loves the teacher's there. I found no grammar mistakes, and it was a great post to read.

Austin's Blog Post

I could not find a post for my last student, so I commented on Austin's Blog Post. He is a ninth grade student who lives in Canada. He wrote a post about the Quality of Life. He goes in detail to include the five things that determine your quality of life, and the eleven indicators that go along with them. This was a very good post and I really enjoyed reading it.

Blog Assignment #6

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

Randy Paush is a fantastic person and speaker. A lot of Mr. Pausch's quotes and saying's were very interesting. They made me really stop and think. I had never heard the phrase "Head Fake", but after listening to it being explained in the video, it makes a lot of sense. Head Fake means making someone learn something by having fun that is hard. I could see teacher's using this in their classroom's.

He started off his speech with a list of his childhood dreams. I think all kids have some sort of childhood dreams. It was amazing that he had accomplished all of his dreams in one way or another. He also talks about enabling the dreams of others in Lessons Learned. I can not think of anything more important than helping someone accomplish something in their live, that means everything to them.

I love the quote "Brick walls are there for a reason, they let us prove how badly we want things". I agree with Mr. Pausch, on this quote. Since I have started at the University four years ago, I have had a lot of brick walls. But, I am still here. Before my father died last year, he use to say "never give up on your dreams". He would always tell us "you just have to have faith and God will help you over or around that wall.

I also loved the quote "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted". To me there is nothing like experience. I have always heard "be carefully of what you wish for and learn from your mistakes. The sad part of it all is that most of the time we don't learn until later in life.
This was an amazing video, Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. It made tears come to my eyes, when he brought his wife up for her Birthday, and then in the closing when he said "the video was for his kids". This is a video that everyone should watch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! I thought your post was great. I only saw one or two grammar mistakes that were most likely typos. I too loved the part of the lecture when Dr. Pausch talked about brick walls. It really hit home with me.
    I think this was an overall great post! You do need to put a link to the video and a picture in the post though. Keep up the good work and good luck finishing school!!
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela,

    Your C4K should not be in the same post as your blog post assignment. Make sure you are reading the instructions carefully.

    I'm glad that you were able to find some inspiration from Dr. Pausch!

    Make sure you have links and pictures for every post on your blog. I don't see either in your post. You also need a title for every post on your blog.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete