Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blog Post Assignment 2

http://mediacrushllc.com
Did You know?

This, to me, means that in learning technology it will be an on-going process that will never stop. By watching this video and looking at the statistics from one year to several years it is astounding, to realize how fast information is being processed and delivered in this day and time.
It was not surprising to me, that so many computer's are in so many homes. I don't know of anyone who does not have a computer in their home. It was surprising to me, that the top jobs ten years from now do not exist yet, and will use technology that have not yet been invented. I have a seventeen year old son, that will be graduating in 2013, and this was alarming for me, because I had never thought about what he will be going to school for, will be changing so fast.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com



Mr.Winkle Wakes

Sometimes I feel like Mr. Winkle's, I walk into a store and all of a sudden there is a new piece of technology, and I start to feel sick. It seems to me some times that I am on a merry-go-round. I learn something new and I'm so pride and then I see someone doing something else, and I'm like what is that. My seventeen year old son say's "What is it you need to know now mom", when he hears me call his name. I laugh and tell him, remember when I helped you with math and reading, well it's your time now.



http://artsoced.wordpress.com
Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

I agree with Sir Ken Robinson that creativity is important in our schools and everyone should be interested in Education. Children learn in many different ways, so as teacher's we must observe and use their creativity to reap the benefits of their success. Children should be allowed to make mistakes, so they will not be scared to take a chance. How many things have been discovered by taking chances?
I also agree with Sir Ken Robinson when he say's, "Intelligence can be looked at in many ways". He makes a good stand on school's killing creativity. I have taken a lot of classes here at the University, and EDM is one of the two classes that actually stresses for you to use creativity, and the other is Art. I know EDM is different and sometimes very hard for me, but I know it is needed in preparing me for the real world in Education.

http://www.olsonkundigarchitects.com
A Day Made of Glass

I really enjoyed this video, A Day Made of Glass. The technology in this video is fascinating to me. It was very surprising to me that technology has advanced this far, and it is interesting to know that so much can fit into an object. It is remarkable what Corning corporation has done in creating these glass tablets and other tools.
When I first started at the University, I didn't see a lot of tablets, laptops, and other electronic devices, but now, in every classroom, just about every student has some can of electronic device. This just shows how fast in four years technology has progressed. I would love to live in a glass house and do all of the things that they were doing, it would be like a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Pamela,
    I really liked your post! I can not believe all the technology that is out today, either. I am still in shock from the video, "A Day made of Glass". It is crazy to think, about all the stuff we will be able to do with just one piece of glass. The only thing I did not see is any links to the videos or pictures, but everything else looks great! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget images with alt and title modifiers and links.

    ReplyDelete