Sunday, November 4, 2012

BLOG POST #10

Adventures in Pencil Integration


The cartoon Adventures in Pencil Integration by John T Spencer is a mock of I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials, according to Mr. Spencer. The papermate is representing a PC, which is cheaper than a Mac, but breaks down more. The Mac is saying "I'm more expensive", which is represented by the Ticonderoga. Most people are use to using a PC, but after using a Mac in the lab, I would buy a Mac now instead of a PC. The Mac has so many more features.

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff Please?


Dr. Mcleod is an Associate Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Kentucky. He describes his self as an "Associate Professor. Castle Director. Blogger and a Catalyst." That says a lot about him.
On his site he is reaching out to parents to let them know that all of the things that are listed are going to be a must for students in the future. In order for students to keep up in the workplace they will need to know and do social networking, Most of the world is already on a computer 24-7. In Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff Please?, Dr. Mcleod is letting you know, Wake up and realize technology is here to stay.

Why Were Your Kids Playing Games?


The principal in Spencer's post is like a lot of principal's, he doesn't want the teacher to use technology because he thinks if paper and pencils are not being used, then the students are not learning. Many principals are willing to embrace the era of technology, however many other principals are not willing to learn that technology is beneficial to students. When Spencer uses the phrase "Why are your kids playing games?", he is using it as a satire approach.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela,
    I really appreciate the way you organized your post! I love the consistent images on the right, the headers, and divisions between paragraphs. Good job on your organization and neatly including your clickable links. It's always easy on the eyes to see a clean blog page.
    I thought that the last two segments were very well written and insightful! Well done! You will need to write more than four or five sentences, but they were well-worded and mostly free of errors. The first paragraph had a few errors, such as " I'm a Mac and I'm a PC commercials, according to Mr. Spencer" not being in quotations to show that you are indicating it as dialogue, and "people are use[d]" should be in past tense.
    Keep up the good writing but watch out for small errors :)
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. This post was very thoughtful. I did notice it was a bit short but she already pointed out the errors above, but other than that you have some great writing. Also your post is very well organized! Keep up the great work!
    Sincerly,
    Hillary Hamlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,
    After using the Mac in the lab, I feel the same way as you do. I would definitely consider purchasing one, even though I am still probably more comfortable with my PC. The Mac is just neat, and they come preloaded with so many special preograms and features. I also love the way that your pictures look on your post. The only other thing that I have to say about your post, is that it was extremely short. I would work on making the rest of your posts a little longer.
    -Haleigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela,
    Your post was great and was straight to the point. I agree with you that technology is not going anywhere and I hope all educators take heed. Your post was great and all of your links worked.

    ReplyDelete