Thursday, February 23, 2012

Post # 5 Reading Rockets



I agree with Anthony Capps, when he said "I am certain it is the most valuable website in regards to educational instruction that I have ever found". This site made me want to go out and buy an iPad, so I did. I wish I had had tools like this to help me learn when I was growing up. I made sure to put this website in my favorite sites to visit, so I can use it in the future.

I didn't know what Mind Maps were, or what they were used for. I found out that Mind Maps are visual diagrams that help students represent words or ideas and can be used in reading and writing, with the iPad. Popplet is a productivity app that also works as a mind mapping tool. Use the app to begin structuring the writing process. I think I would use this app a lot because it can also be used to create graphic organizers, classroom visuals, and to practice sentence combining.

I also like Question Builder and MiniMod Reading For Details. The use of audio clips promotes improved auditory processing for special needs children with autism disorders. This is an amazing website.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! I really enjoyed reading your posts for blog posts #5. I would suggest combining them all into one blog post to make it easier to read! We had many of the same opinions on the videos assigned to us. My favorite was the Virtual Choir. Was that not AMAZING?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Proof read EVERYTHING.
    2. All parts of blog post #5 need to be in the same post. That means The iSchool Initiative, Dr. McLeod, Eric Whitacre, Teaching in the 21st Century, and Reading Rockets should all be in the same blog post.
    3. Add images and links. These are requirements for every blog post.

    ReplyDelete