Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Vision of Students Today


I love the saying in the video "If these walls could talk, what would they say? I think this could go for every classroom in any school. I agree with the video about buying hundreds of dollars for books that I never use and then when you go to have them sold back, you don't even get half of what you paid for them.

I am an older student that does not text a lot or play games on my phone, but see it is a great way to kill time in a big class like History or Biology, because most of the time the student's sitting in the back of a lecture class or either on their computer or phone, playing games. So, why buy books that you are never going to use.

I do like the idea of a teacher knowing my name. I think it makes a student feel better and more relaxed with the teacher, so if they need help with a problem, they would be able to talk to that teacher, a lot of students my feel that a teacher does not care about them, if they don't know who they are. I know this is sometimes hard and even impossible for extra large classes, but as a teacher I will make it a mission for me to learn my student's name.

1 comment:

  1. Pamela, I am on the some page with you when it comes to texting or playing games on a cell phone. I am “old school” when it comes to using a phone, I actually use it to call people. I am also an older student and 100% agree that spending hundreds of dollars on unused text books in a waste of resources.

    ReplyDelete