Thursday, February 23, 2012

Teaching in the 21st Century

Teaching in the 21st century with iPads

After watching the video, Teaching in the 21st Century, I thought Kevin was saying that teachers were not needed any longer in the 21st century education. Then I realized, he was actually saying that we must change the way we are teaching.

Until I took EDM 310, I had no idea of how important technology had become in the classroom. Yes, I had seen the new Smart Boards and had even used them a couple of times. But, I had no idea that first grader's were blogging and third grader's were making movies. This was a wake up call for me. I use to go to the movies on Sunday after Church, or come home and watch t.v., but now, I'm on the computer learning to do things that I thought I would never be able to do and my friends can not believe it when I tell them the things that I have learned to do. I know that I still have a lot to learn, but isn't that what technology is about, learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment